Monday 20 October 2014

Maharashtra Politics : a bollywood love triangle

Last evening I had a few friends come over to my place. Instead of chatting about fashion, relationships and the usual topics, we often discuss literature, Politics and current affairs. (Yes, we are geeks and we are boring!) Since it was the day of Vidhansabha election results in Maharashtra and Haryana, obviously the same was our topic of discussion (read bakchodi). Almost all results were out and BJP had emerged as the largest party with 123 seats, yet not enough to form government on its own. Shiv Sena with 63 seats emerged as second largest party. The rest fared as follows :
With all the high voltage pre-poll political drama in Maharashtra, that witnessed split in not one but two alliances, the scene was nothing less than a political equivalent of an Ekta Kapur Sas-Bahu melodrama. NCP soon offered its support for a BJP government from outside unconditionally. With this new kahani mein twist, we all could see a perfect Bollywood love-triangle. "What if this Love-triangle was from the movie Devdas?" - with that thought in mind, we continued our Bakaiti session and equating parties with characters from the movie. Here is the outcome.

Right from the tug-of-war between Sena and BJP for seats to their breakup and then all the vituperative epithets used by Sena for Modi, Sena's behavior was more like an insolent girlfriend who had put her foot down on a demand, which lead to a breakup and then she dumps the blame on the other. Not just Paro, but Angry Paro!
A few members were expelled from Congress for opposing Sonia Gandhi's claim over the post of Prime Minister, back in 1999. These members came together and formed NCP. withing next 6 months the same party joined hands with Congress in Maharashtra to form government and then Joined UPA in the center as well. Hence, right from its 'accidental' conception, NCP has always enjoyed chair. Ever ready to partner with other parties for the pleasure of power, today after its split with Congress, its eyeing BJP; any guesses why? If Chair and Beds are furnitures and Politics, a brothel, we've found our Chandramukhi - Beautiful, shrewd and Fatal!
No points for guessing, which role resembles BJP; but since the whole scenario revolved around not the party but Modi, we had to nominate Modi for the role of Devdas, but a different Devdas. You see, as per the story, Devdas gets drunk and screws up his own health. Modi on the other hand is a teetotaller. So, what would he drink? MILK! And instead screwing up the whole situation even more like the original Devdas, Modi rolls up his sleeves and gets down to business. Hence, Modi isnt Devdas, but a Sanghi Devdas!
So, if Modi is Sanghi Devdas, who fits the bill for Chunni Babu? Ofcourse, the one and only Amit Shah! but again this Chunni Babu does not help his friend screw his life even more, but does everything he can to ensure his friend's victory. Thats Amit shah - a Sanghi Chunni Babu!
One party that has been trying to mediate a deal between Shiv Sena and BJP right when the tussle about the seats began has been the Republican Party of India (RPI). Even post polls, RPI chief Ramdas Athavle has remained hopeful of a Sena-BJP reconciliation. Yes, thats our Dharam da!
Born in an affluent family but low on morals, Congress has not only lost its ally, but now also helplessly watches it make advances towards its rival. Congress is a Cocky villain and hence Kali Babu... a Secular Kaali Babu.
An aggressive character with negative shades that has a presence on the scene as good as a cameo, provides a bit of comic relief and as the story advances which is soon rendered irrelevant is Kumud Bhabhi. Enough said!

Just when everyone thought we had discussed all the characters and parties and were busy making jokes on the last character, and predicting about new alliances, Ashraf Ali entered the scene.

Wait, what! isn't that a character from ... errm, from Gadar, ek prem katha?
yes, you guessed it right.
So isn't this kinda an intrusion?
Exactly!

Now chew on this : All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul-Muslimeen, AIMIM - a Communal party based in Hyderabad known for its floor leader Akbaruddin Owaisi's venomous hate speech against Hindus, won 2 seats in Maharashtra.


4 comments:

  1. I am person who traveled over 70 countries as Marine officer and know global traffic system besides north american experience. If given chance I will transform Mumbai into Shanghai but I need a chance to prove myself. Please read my little story below which will tell you what happened to me in Mumbai.


    I traveled all the way from Canada with great solution for Mumbai Traffic as I had great experience with police service here and I meet DCP Chavan he understood my idea and took me to Joint CP bharambe after discussion but when I meet him I was completely disappointed with CP Bharambe as man had so much ego and he thought I am some stupid person he gave me 15 minutes and when I told him idea about car pulling he gave very irresponsible statement saying if you do car pull how TATA general manager will travel. I left his office with no hope and came back to Canada then I contacted Traffic Commissioner Vardhane and told him, all its 4 months since then I am waiting to do something for city but no one is there for me. Its a tragedy of our country that they don't want intelligent experienced person like me. I will fight my issue as CP has limit for his post but my agenda for my city does not. Jai Hind

    Hope you can connect me with right person as I live in abroad Toronto which is city like heaven but I want to see Mumbai like that but without support from you people I cant do it. If I can feel from 15000 km for Mumbai why people from their don't. They do but they don't know what to do. I have solution but need an opportunity.

    Regards

    Satyanand Gaitonde

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am person who traveled over 70 countries as Marine officer and know global traffic system besides north american experience. If given chance I will transform Mumbai into Shanghai but I need a chance to prove myself. Please read my little story below which will tell you what happened to me in Mumbai.


    I traveled all the way from Canada with great solution for Mumbai Traffic as I had great experience with police service here and I meet DCP Chavan he understood my idea and took me to Joint CP bharambe after discussion but when I meet him I was completely disappointed with CP Bharambe as man had so much ego and he thought I am some stupid person he gave me 15 minutes and when I told him idea about car pulling he gave very irresponsible statement saying if you do car pull how TATA general manager will travel. I left his office with no hope and came back to Canada then I contacted Traffic Commissioner Vardhane and told him, all its 4 months since then I am waiting to do something for city but no one is there for me. Its a tragedy of our country that they don't want intelligent experienced person like me. I will fight my issue as CP has limit for his post but my agenda for my city does not. Jai Hind

    Hope you can connect me with right person as I live in abroad Toronto which is city like heaven but I want to see Mumbai like that but without support from you people I cant do it. If I can feel from 15000 km for Mumbai why people from their don't. They do but they don't know what to do. I have solution but need an opportunity.

    Regards

    Satyanand Gaitonde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you need a quick long or short term loan with a relatively low interest rate as low as 3%? We offer Xmas loan, business loan, personal loan, home loan, auto loan,student loan, debt consolidation loan e.t.c. no matter your score, If yes contact us via Email: finance2014911@gmail.com Fill The Loan Application Form Below Name............ Amount Needed........ Duration.......... Country............ Monthly income....... Age............. Phone Number........ Sex ................. Email................Business Plan/Use Of Your Loan:....... Apply now on this email :finance2014911@gmail.com Warm Regards Dr Purva Sharegistry

      Delete